Wednesday 2 May 2012

Hawker aircraft group build.

Hi guys, loving a challenge and a group build, (I have not mad aircraft models since I was a kid, and don't have much knowledge in this area) I have joined a group build of Hawker aircraft that are named after a weather event, the deadline is the end of May, coming along the group build late and not having a WWII allied aircraft collection meant I had to source a model fast, I was after a Hurricane, but ended up with a Typhoon, no matter it will be a fun build.
The other builders are
http://jacksarge.blogspot.com.au/ doing another Typhoon 1b
Just some pics of the model I will be doing, my updates may be slow, as I need to finish a Napoleonic unit for my mate, so probably won't get anything done for a week.

The kit looks pretty basic, and I don't know how accurate it is, as WWII aircraft models are not my usual thing, it looks pretty typical of Airfix, there is a pilot which is good, because mine will be wheels up for gaming, so will need a pilot.







10 comments:

  1. Hey, that's great to have you on board Dan. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that takes me back; should be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea, I may join myself!

    cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to have you on board Dan. (And thanks for the message, your comment seems to have been lost in the Blogosphere!)

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the challenge Dan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a marvelous idea, I wonder at how many airfix kits I have built in days long past. Good luck with your build.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the build Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys, I washed the kit tonight and will start building tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dan, you've got a task there - looking at your photos of the kit makes you realise just how much kits have come on since the 1960s and 1970s.

    ReplyDelete