Saturday 4 August 2012

WIP 1/72 Centaur part 2

Hi guys, I ordered Bison decals for Jacksarge's Royal Marine support group Centaur, and they arrived yesterday, so I have started the paint job, I'm pretty happy with the colour I have chosen, I used Tamiya XF-49 Khaki, with a bit of white added probably 6-1, these Centaurs were a brownish colour, I stared with a black enamel undercoat, then sprayed the Khaki, next I will do a couple of filters, gloss coat, add decals, do some oil washes, add a matt coat, do some dry brushing then some more weathering.







8 comments:

  1. yep looking forward to seeing this finished

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good mate,

    I find deck tan a better colour for taking the edge off when lightening Khaki IMO.

    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys
    Hi Bluewillow - I will keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. odd that willow, so do i..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice start Dan,
    Look forward to seeing it done.

    ReplyDelete