Thursday 28 January 2021

Early WWII French 1/72 vehicle test print 2

 Hi guys


Several people asked me on my last post, how much do these cost to print, well I got a 500g bottle of resin, it was $36 Australian, around $27.50 US, and this is what I printed, with enough resin left over for maybe 2 more vehicles, all 1/72, so about $1.71 per vehicle/gun, there is some extra cost in LCD and FEP replacement, it probably comes out to around $1.80-$1.90 per.

Pretty happy with how these turned out, a couple of small errors here and there, but nothing I can't fix with a bit of green stuff, in this test print we have the following

2x Berliet VUDB

2x Citroen traction 11B (re print to work out kinks)

2x Citroen legere (re print to work out kinks)

2x Citroen U23

2x Laffley S45

1x Command Panhard

1x Panhard

4x W15 Variants

1x Peugeot 301

1x 155mm Mk2

1x 75mm Frances






4 comments:

  1. Great stuff Dan,

    Are the files your design or purchased?

    I have been thinking about a printer, and I like the idea of a resin printer to get away from the lines for small vehicles and figures is the only way to go.

    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither, all free of thingyverse, if you get a print, let me know and I’ll give you a link to my files

      Delete
  2. Yep, I would be interested to find out too. There are plenty of French (and other) vehicles that simply aren't available or horribly expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me an email at Dan.dunbar(at)Hotmail.com

      Delete