Sunday 11 April 2021

WIP Teddy bear fur terrain tiles part 3

 Hi guys 

Have done some more work on my terrain tiles, (have laid it out without really trying to make a coherent map, just for these pics) painted the road dark brown, and gave them a very light dry brush, this makes them look muddy, not sure if I want this terrain to be lush and muddy, or dry and dusty if I choose dry and dusty I will need to add more yellow to the grass and heavily dry brush the roads, as this is a generic terrain for all genres (but I am working on my WWII Russian projects currently) should I keep it lush or go dry? I've also got a piece of sandy coloured fur coming, enough for another 6 tiles, which will need a heavy green painting to mix in with this terrain, with those 6 tiles I'll do 3 with single end to end roads, and 3 plain fields/crop fields.

My next job is to seal the river sections with masking tape, then cover with grit and paint, I will be filling these with clear resin, so the masking tape will stop the resin leaking out between the cork and foam. 







2 comments:

  1. Looks promising. My initial preference would be for dry, but everyone does dry, and the terrain around Kursk was pretty lush.

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, decided to do a seperate arid table.

      Delete