Sunday, 26 July 2026

Creating Brunswick Oels Jagers

 Hi guys

As a commission painter, I often find that jobs I enjoy completing go on my to do list for my own collections, many years ago I did a commission that included the Brunswick Öels jagers, it was a unit I was unfamiliar with at the time, and I enjoyed the research and completion of the job, so true to trend I built my own 28mm Oels Jagers from various plastic parts, again thoroughly enjoying it (pics below of painted 28mm) however my main focus on Napoleonics is 1/72 and 40mm, I wanted to add this unit to those 2 projects, so I designed some 3D printable Oels jager, for anyone wanting to do the same, here is a list of the parts I used, all put together using Microsoft 3D builder, pics below of unpainted 1/72 and 40mm printed Oels jagers. 

1) Wargames Atlantic Portuguese line bodies, except the officer, which is a Brunswick officer body

2) Wargames Atlantic Brunswick heads

3) piano wargames French light infantry skirmishing lower pant legs to cover the gators 

4) Wargames Atlantic Portuguese cacadore arms

5) NapoleonicSTLs highlander bread bag and water bottle 

6) Wargames Atlantic Portuguese backpack which has been converted. 






















4 comments:

  1. They are gonna look grand in the two scales!
    Best wishes, James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thank you for sharing the link to the Picolorigolo/designs site with us last week. I am a bit surprised to be the only one mentioning it.

    I found 36 mounted figures and 72 on-foot figures there that could complement my French and British armies. Some poses are fairly standard but will add variety to the figures for which I’ve already acquired the files; others are more original—sometimes even unique. If you have other links like this one, I would certainly be interested.

    I hope they will be easily adaptable to 28mm scale. I also hope you’ll have no trouble modifying the campaign dress of your Guard Marine officers as I suggested, and that you’ve decided which flag or pennant to attach beneath the standard-bearer's eagle.

    Your Brunswick-Oels *Jägers* look excellent, though it is a "niche" subject; while the Guard Marines formed a full battalion, the Brunswick-Oels *Jägers* consisted of only two small companies.
    I have a slight doubt regarding the musician. Since they are light infantry, I’m torn between the bugle (a bit too French) and the *Waldhorn* or hunting horn (decidedly Prussian).

    https://www.reddit.com/r/gutsandblackpowders/comments/1h1trnw/shoud_there_be_variation_in_the_silesian_landwehr/#lightbox

    You would rightly point out that the shakos of the Brunswick light brigade battalions all feature a bugle emblem rather than a hunting horn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’re welcome, that page is the best set of good quality free Napoleonic files I have come across, I haven’t come across any info regarding trumpet or horn, I went with horn as it was what I had at the time easily at hand.

      Delete