Hi guys
1/72 Brunswick Oels Jagers for the Peninsula finished, they are converted from various 3D parts, assembled by myself on my PC and printed, one of my favourite units, next I’ll be doing a1/72 Sharp and the 95th, another of my favourites.
I do commissions, my prices can be found in the folder on the right marked "prices, I can be contacted at dan.dunbar@hotmail.com
Yesterday afternoon, I was reading a book about the Peninsular War when I came across a series of illustrations of Spanish regiments. One of them looked strangely familiar: the "Bataillon de la Muerte" or "Battalion of Death."
ReplyDeletehttps://littlewars.se/spanish/muerte.html
Same green coat, same blue facings and collar, same trousers, and an almost identical shako.
So, the question is simple: who copied whom????
The answer is likely found at the beginning of the article: both units used the same tailor.
THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT
So, when you get tired of your Brunswickers, you can always convert them into Spanish volunteers. You’ll just need to change the officer and add two standard-bearers.
Very nice info, I’ll have to do those when I get to the Spanish.
DeleteThey look superb and plenty of variation with the poses thanks to your custom building effect.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
You’re welcome
Delete