Sunday 18 October 2015

WIP Roads

Hi guys

Did some work on my terrain project this arvo, I made some lengths of road, I did 2 types, a dirt main road and a dirt track, I may do a sealed road at a later date.
This is ending up a pretty cheap project, apart from the $60 teddy bear skin, I haven't had to pay for anything else yet, I used some old carpet squares as the base of the road, glued some fine sand paper down as the road surface, edged it with teddy bear fur, then glued some sand for texture.
I still need to paint them, I have some largish bottles of artist water colours for this, I have added some pics with a 1/72 scale tank and Romanian and a 28mm Aussie Digger, up next will be some X, T and Y intersections, some 90 degree turns and some rivers sections.















4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you edged it. That's a pretty spiffy idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good. That blue carpet almost looks like it would make a great river piece all by itself.

    ReplyDelete