Saturday 2 January 2016

Kampfgruppe Danl part 2

Hi guys

Have removed the vehicles from their bases, added in some WIP vehicles and taken a group shot, this will be about half the size of the finished KG, I need to add a heap of 251 variants, some 222s, some more Stug IIIs and Hetzers, and more soft skins, not to mention the grunts and artillery. But you start getting an idea of the size.
So what about the paint job? just do touch ups, or repaint the whole lot? I want to repaint the KT (never liked that paint job) and the yellow Pz III for sure, the plain yellow Tiger will be added to some D.A.K vehicles and the Pz grey vehicles will be the start of a smaller early war KG, so they will keep their paint jobs, but I think all the rest sort of fit in with each other.














3 comments:

  1. Hi Dan,

    Interesting project and great collection of vehicles. Re the paint job(s), for a Geman wargames force I think a few different camo schemes is ok especially if using improvised or transitional camo schemes but I think you should aim for at least the same or fairly similar base colour within each period. They do look great without bases but if some of your vinyl tracks are disintegrating then you don't have too much choice and if you base some then I think you have to base them all. Are you going PSC for your extra halftracks? Good luck and I look forward to seeing more of this project...

    Cheers, Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave, I have a mixture of Dragon and PSC 251s, yes, I will have to base them, and one in all in as they say, I agree about the paint job, I'm thinking there are probably a dozen I will leave and the rest will get new paint jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're gonna be busy, looking forward to seeing what you do with them

    ReplyDelete