Saturday 4 May 2019

My first 15mm Naps (23 years old) being revamped

Hi guys

I don't know how many 10s of thousands of 15mm Napoleonic figures I have painted, its a lot, but the journey had to start somewhere, here are some pics of my first 15mm Napoleonic figures, painted 23 years ago, these are French, the white uniforms represent those Regts that were issues white for a short time when the French ran out of blue dye due to the British blockades.
I was going to say how badly these guys are painted, but having blown up the pics they're not to bad, only need a wash and some highlights to be presentable.
I managed to get 12 x 12 man Battalions, some arty, and some allies finished the first time, I will be doubling these to 24 man bats, repainting to all dark French blue, and re basing, aiming for a corps size force for 1809-10 Peninsular War.
When I bought these guys there was no online, they were bought from my LHS, so I ended up with a mix of figures, most of these figs are Old glory for the command and centre companies, which I don't mind, (if I was starting from scratch I would use ABs) and for the flankers some Essex which I loath and will replace ( I might use their heads for some head swaps) Lancaster miniatures, which fit in well with OG but are limited in pose, so I will be converting them a little to expand their usefulness, and some Minifigs, which I don't mind, but have a very different style to everyone else, so I might leave them out, or might try and keep to their own bat.
I also have a Peninsular Brit army (ABs) and plan on doing an 1815 Prussian army with mostly ABs and some Old Glory for the Landwher.









1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed you were able to stick to one period and scale long enough to paint thousands of figures ;) Not sure I'll ever be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete