Monday 25 March 2024

WIP Winter Pz IIIs

 Hi guys 

I’m printing the Panzers for the 1/72 Dak project, we have a mix of Pz III G, J and Ls, and some Pz IV F1s, I’ll be adding some Pz IV F2s soon, whilst I was at this I decided to make a start on my own Winter Heer project, which I will make units for that will cover 1941-44, I started with these 3 Pz IIIs, 2x Ls and a J (although, one of the Ls has a J turret just as a place holder until I print another L turret) with winterketten tracks, I’ve always wanted to do some winter tracked tanks but for whatever reason I have never bought any aftermarket tracks for that, these lovely winterketten tracks come with Counlane models Pz III L STL, and I just had to give them a go, and they turned out lovely, crew figures are AB and are just lose in the turret at the moment. I hate to interrupt the progress on my 21st Pz Div project, but I might just have to finish these 3 off first. 

I have opened various hatches on the Dak panzers, unfortunately this was not an option that came with the Counlane files, only an open commanders hatch is an option, so if you plan on having other hatches open you’ll need to do that in your favourite CAD software. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment