Friday 10 July 2020

1/72 Wurttemberg project

Hi guys

I have a pretty large stash, enough to do projects in most eras/genres in at least 3 scales, in Napoleonics I have beautiful 18mm ABs and just as nice 28mm Perry's, but I keep getting drawn back to 1/72 plastics,not because the available figures are great, though some are, but because of the potential to make them look really nice, and their ease of conversion and cost. My usual 1/72 projects are WWII based, but I thought I would starts some 1/72 Nap projects, I'm a modeller not a gamer, so small skirmish type forces are perfect for this and will be organised around Sharpe practice forces, I'm starting with Wurttemberg, I have painted several armies for customers, but never one for myself and I had these infantry in my stash already, I've ordered artillery and cavalry to round out this force, after Wurts I will do Bavaria. Might try and improve the swords, can you see anywhere else I need to do work on?










3 comments:

  1. I like the original Hat figures, but you have made some lovely additions Dan. I particularly like the 'sharpened' bayonets. Do you think the 'enhanced' combs are a bit too high and large for the line infantry though? Or is it more an effect that you prefer?
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, to large, but I wanted them that way, war is all about the hats.

      Delete
    2. I suspected that it was for artistic effect! They look great.

      Delete