Monday 21 August 2023

10mm war master Dwarves, 3D printed

 Hi guys 

I made a vow at the beginning of the year to only do 1/72 WWII for my own project this year, and I did really well, have bone nothing else, got a lot done, still heaps to do, however I broke my vow this weekend, and dabbled in some 10mm fantasy 3D printing, man these things are tiny, it’s sometimes hard to get a good perspective of real size when working in CAD, have just finished washing these prints, they turned out pretty good, some of the shields didn’t print well due to support issues, all these supports are the smallest I can do, and they are going to be hard to remove without damage I think, I may have to go back to the drawing board and thicken everything up, weapon shafts are so thin, one careless handling will damage them.

A few questions for the 10mm fantasy enthusiast, how tall do you make/are your Dwarves? I’ve done these about 6-7mm, and for those that 3D print, I have used 28mm STLs, shrunk them down, have others successfully done this? Did you thicken/strengthen everything? when I was doing this I tried to make a lot of individuals, headswaps, pose changes, tried to keep a lot of detail, but I don’t know if it was worth the effort with them being so small, how do other printers handle 10mm fantasy? 

I’ll take some more pics after removing the supports, curing and undercoating to pick out the detail.















1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting idea to print miniatures with a stand, but can be hard to paint...

    ReplyDelete