Thursday 5 September 2024

Part 1, 15mm Portuguese African colonial wars project

 Hi guys 

A friend has tasked me with fulfilling a large, long planned15mm AK47 Portuguese African colonial wars project, it includes 5 factions and requires me 3D print the vehicles and some of the infantry, some of which I needed to design/convert/improve in CAD, as I finish each part I will do a post.

Here I have a Portuguese Alouette III helicopter and 2 Berliet GBC trucks, the heli is a 3D print I bought from David Michael Freemantle off the Rhodesian bush wars models FB page, I CAD design the Berliet trucks (STL is available at my wargaming3D shop) these trucks were tough, and were used at the head of conveys to detonate mines, hence the removal of the windscreen and the sandbag placement to better protect the crew, I made the sandbags with putty. 

















1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! The topic of colonial wars in Africa is gaining momentum. The helicopter is gorgeous, as are the trucks. By the way, are there any plans for Panhard AML 60? If my memory serves me correctly, Portugal purchased a batch of these armored vehicles (I don’t remember exactly which modification)

    ReplyDelete