Friday 9 August 2019

15mm Mecha project

Hi guys

I have had a long time 15mm Mecha project simmering, buying Mechs cheap when they come up, after getting some inspiration from several 15mm 3D print mecha threads, I have decided to start mine, so I went trawling through my stash for my mechs, I have built one set of small mechs years ago (pics added) as well as these unmade mechs, and I have 3 more plastic kits on their way from HLJ and 8 Mechwarrior clix of ebay.
The Silver/Maroon mechs will be enlarged, I will try to get these from small to medium, the baggies at the bottom have some small Rebel minis and medium Khurasan mechs, probably leave them this size, the heavy gear stuff is more large battle suit size, but they will be in the project.
The 4 coloured mechs on the left were bought at a bargain shop for $2.50 for the set, they are rubbish as is, but I will heavily convert a couple, and use a couple as downed mechs.
The boxed plastic kits will be converted to look more mechwarrior than Gundum, I will replace hand held weapons with weapons integrated into the arms, maybe change the heads, we will see.
I made the Japanese mercs before really planning this project, so may carry this theme into 1 force (with Khurasans man size robots as ground support), do another force with a unified paint scheme (thinking of expanding my colonial marines into gthis force), and 2 alien forces, 1 Avian (Harook) might get some of Khurasans Hauk figures and do a unified Avian force, the other CMGs Kaamados dominion.



















4 comments:

  1. I look forward to what you will come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so do I, LOL, always creating a huge job for myself.

      Delete
  2. Love the idea, at first I couldn't understand the design but on close inspection they really pop out ...

    Good job my friendπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Z

    ReplyDelete