Wednesday 8 March 2023

Next mini project, German bicycle troops

 Hi guys 

My next mini project is a bicycle recon company for my Luftwaffe field division, these Luftwaffe units were extremely poorly equipped, trained and lead, they were a microcosm of everything wrong with the German military system, a dysfunctional competitive power structure trying to field combat units without the knowledge, equipment or infrastructure, wasting huge numbers of top quality manpower that was needed to bolster desperate Heer units, these Luftwaffe units were under strength, instead of fielding a recon battalion they fielded a recon company generally mounted on bicycles, instead of ignoring these poor units I’m going to enjoy building 1, the miniatures were bought from here www.wargaming3d.com Due to their poor performance these units were taken from Luftwaffe control and given to the Heer, so ended up wearing fieldgrey uniforms, but they did start out wearing fieldblue Luftwaffe uniforms, and I want them to stand apart from other German troops so will paint them in fieldblue, I’m adding the Luftwaffe camo jacket by removing the chest pockets (that applies for Luftwaffe field blouses to) lengthening it, and I’ll add front hip pockets, they are nice figures, but I added bigger collars, as their collars are quite small with little detail, they also lack a bit of personal equipment, so will be adding water bottles, gasmask containers, and mess tins, then I’ll mount them and paint. Looking at a way I can print the bikes without riders, so I can model the troops dismounted. 












No comments:

Post a Comment