Saturday 11 March 2023

Col Klink and Sgt Schultz in 1/72 ready for paint

 Hi guys 

As a kid one of my favourite TV shows was Hogans heroes, along with mash, dads army, it ain’t half hot mum, allo allo, and a lot of others of that flavour, I always imagined what it would have been like for Klink and Schultz if they had stuffed up one to many times and finally been sent to the Russian front, and for a long time now I have had a project rattling around my head.

One day I am browsing Simons Soldiers site, and in the volksturm range I spy this fat guy in a greatcoat, and think he may be a good starting figure for Schults, so the hunt was on for the perfect Col Klink figure, he had to have the right uniform cut and pose, no heroic combat pose for Klink, I found him in the AB DaK range, 3rd from the left in the AB group pic, I wanted him hatless, so you can see he is bald, and I wanted him to have a monocle and riding crop, these 2 figures are the whole reason for me doing a Luftwaffe field division force, and are the centre piece to that army, I have also bought but not yet printed a greatcoatless fat German soldier STL to see how that would go as Schultz, I’ll make him up as well.

What about basing? I try to make my forces universal, so they can be used for many rule sets, I see Klink and Schulz as being symbiotic, and feel they should be based together on 1 base, I can’t see Schulz of leading men in combat, so don’t think I’d use him as an individual leader, he’s more a very slow runner, dispensing Col Klinks incoherent orders off to be deciphered by more capable NCOs, maybe I’ll make that second 3D Schultz and base separately if needed. 

They might not be convincing as the bumbling duo yet, but they will be after painting I hope, thoughts? 


















1 comment: