Thursday 10 October 2024

Part 1 4D Puzzle models 1/72 sdkfz 7 (really an 8)

 Hi guys

Part 1 of the 4D puzzles 1/72 Sdkfz 7 build, as previously suspected, from everything I can tell, this is actually a mislabeled Sdkfz 8, which is how I am proceeding with the project, for those wanting to build a display quality model of an sdkfz 8, I would go with the trumpeters version, however for war gamers or those not to concerned with an overly detailed model, then the price of this one makes it a good option.

There’s probably a lot I could do to improve the look of this model, I’d probably start by 3D printing replacement running gear, but I’m going to build it as is and add a bit of detail to improve it. 

Interestingly this model snaps together, which is quite handy, because you can build it, then decide what you are going to replace, easily remove the part and work on it, so far, I have replaced to headlights, added the guide rods on the front fenders, pined the tracks into a more realistic slag, re shaped the stowage cage, filled a couple of holes and added stowage and crew. Then washed the model, I’ll let it dry over night and undercoat it. The one part I have left off so far is the dash and windscreen, I’m tossing up whether to model it up with the clear part or model it folded down with a cover. I have to say, despite the initial confusion caused by the mislabeling, it builds into a cheap but decent sdkfz 8. 













No comments:

Post a Comment