Friday 10 August 2012

WIP 1/72 Centaur part 4

Hi guys, what a right royal pain in the ass, but its starting to take shape, for anyone new to this project, this is a Royal Marine support group Centaur conversion of the 1/72 Revell Cromwell, decals are from Bison, the turret decals were a nightmare, and took about 2hrs on their own, the decal instruction advised to cut off all the detail from the turret and apply, however to get them to fit I cut them up and placed them around the turret detail, I had to seal them with a gloss coat, it was worth it in the end, I think they look effective, I will have to add the odd number and line with free hand, ignore any gloss effect, the next step will be a matt coat, then onto weathering, all comments welcome.









9 comments:

  1. Well done Dan, those Decals sound like a real challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the reason behind the numbers and lines on the turret? I know the real ones had them but I don't know why. Also this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those decals certainly make it look swish. Hard work yes! But the end results more than speak for themselves. Well done you I wouldn't have had the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The turret markings are something to do with enabling the supporting infantry to give accurate directions for where they needed fire from the centaur AFAIK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent customization work, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys, and yes the turret markings were for spotters to direct for for the Centaur.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking build, very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a 1/50 Corgi diecast of one of these. They put the decals on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew! Given my experiences with larger decals, I tip my hat to you, sir!

    ReplyDelete