Friday 21 April 2023

WIP CAD Hungarian Sdkfz 11

 Hi guys 

I wanted to 3D print a set of Sdkfz 11s as gun tractors for my Hungarians, whilst the Hungarians used a number of regular Sdkfz 11s, their gun tractor version was a unique version of the 11 with a cargo area behind the drivers cab, so I took the opportunity to teach myself CAD and design one, the first picture below shows the Hungarian version, the 2nd pic (blue vehicle) is the file I will be converting, designed by big_eye on thingyverse, the following pics are what I have done so far, the last 3 pics are a comparison of the tracks I’m working on, mine are green, the tracks in the original file are blue, I’ve added track pads and teeth and reshaped the track a little, the end product will have a metal drivers cab roof that’s printed separately so as to be able to insert a driver, and I will have a seperate rear trap cover so it can be modelled on or off. At the same time as designing the Hungarian version, I’ll also be adding or changing detail to be more scale appropriate. To get to where I am I had to hollow the original design as it was solid, and add an interior, not sure how it will print, but excited to find out. 











2 comments: